Vegas: Take a Free Ride in a Burning Man Art Car
Lyft and Zappos have teamed up to bring a Burning Man experience to life for anyone in Las Vegas. At Burning Man, one of the hallmark experiences is touring art erected across miles and miles of desert. This activity gave birth to the modern art car movement. Selecting how you ride to the art — be it a ducky, rhino, or Star Wars spacecraft — is a joyful representation of what you love.
Starting on July 7 and running through the entire month, Las Vegans and tourists alike are invited to head downtown to take a free ride on a 20-foot dragon Burning Man art car. The Dragon Art Car will be on a fixed route and will feature a showcase of many of DTLV’s unique art installations, including Big Rig Jig, The Mantis, and a mural by Shepard Fairey.
How To Take A Ride
1. Head to the Fremont East area in Downtown Las Vegas on the following weekends: July 7-8; July 14-15; July 21-22; July 28-29.
2. Open the Lyft app to find “Dragon Mode.”
3. Once Dragon Mode is selected, follow the instructions in app to head to the official pickup/drop-off point at the Downtown Container Park on Fremont and 7th to sign up for the trek.
4. Find the Lyft booth in front of the Downtown Container Park entrance/exit.
5. Check in with your Lyft team member to sign your waiver and grab a wristband to reserve your spot in the queue. Passengers will be called on a first-come, first-served basis.
Enjoy the DTLV artwork and your ride on the Dragon, with treks running until 1:00AM!
Dragon Mode will be live on the following dates in the Downtown Las Vegas area, from 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM:
Fri/July 7 – Sat/July 8
Fri/July 14 – Sat/July 15
Fri/July 21 – Sat/July 22
Fri/July 28 – Sat/July 29